The Most Powerful Quality Design and Problem Solving Methods
Consulting and Training: Automotive Functional Safety, Product Design, Process Design, Process Optimization, Root Cause Analysis
QualSAT is the source of 7FM Techniques.
- 7FM are the most powerful quality design and problem-solving methods in the world
- 7FM identifies the design parameters that control functions, their weaknesses, and their optimal direction
- 7FM lays designs and problems bare so the team can see relationships, discuss their meaning, and make significant improvements to product and process deigns.
- 7FM solves complex problems in hours versus weeks and months.
Example: The 2017 Chrysler Pacific used 7FM techniques for all new and risk design items on the vehicle. Concept design started in 2013 and Production launch was July 2016. There were no time wasting validation failures.
- The Chrysler Pacifica launched with 60% better quality than any other minivan in the world
- The Pacifica is the most award-winning minivan in the world since its launch.
- Waymo selected the Pacifica for the platform of its autonomous vehicle.
- FCA’ Pacifica leaped past Toyota’s quality and performance
- 7FM avoided validation failures (no significant delays)
- The PHEV Powertrain stayed in the top three best since launch.
- No increase in head count was required.
- 7FM became FCA’s global method.
- 7FM experts were developed for each team.
- John Lindland, the creator of 7FM techniques, developed the FCA experts.
- John Lindland lead all the original teams and then coached the experts and the teams.
- FCA had their own experts within three years…one of whom was an author of the latest AIAG-VDA FMEA reference manual.
2017 Chrysler Pacifica awards, cars.com, Car and Driver, The Car Connection, 2020 Chrysler Pacifica (most award winning 4 years in a row), US News, Motor Trend, and the list goes on.
2021 Chrysler Pacifica: continues to win the most awards. Fiat Chrysler Automobiles continues to train QualSAT’s 7FM methodologies.